Tour by bus and local guide to the historical valley in Grense Jakobselv: The small village Grense Jakobselv is located close to the Arctic Sea. Only a narrow river separates the village from Russia. Along the border you can observe border posts and sometimes also the border guards. Grense Jakobselv is located about 60 km East of Kirkenes. The tour to Grense Jakobselv is a wonderful nature experience and on a short distance you will experience fjord, the oldest mountains in Norway, the ocean and the fertile valley. We will be passing King Oscar II’s chapel from 1869, the vicar’s house and take a coffee break on a sandy beach by the Arctic Ocean. Are you tough enough to take a bath in the Arctic Ocean right beside Russia? Don’t forget your bathing suit.
Private tour, no other guests.
Available every day 01.06 – 30.09
Duration 4 hours
14.00 – 18.00 (other departures on request)
20.00 – 00.00 (midnight sun tour between June and until 20th of July)
Price: 6800 NOK for 1-8 persons
includes local guide/driver (English-, German or Norwegian speaking), transportation in a minibus
Information about booking and payment:
- choose the date, pick up time, number of guests and pick up place
- book now: the tour will appear in the basket
- click on the basket and checkout
- on the next page you need to give us billing details
- most of the tours can be cancelled without any costs until 1 week before arrival (not all tours, for ex packages and private tours)
Please read the details about cancellation terms here: https://www.bookingkirkenes.no/about-us/general-terms/
- Do you need assistance with your booking: send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +47 78 99 50 80